Monday 3 April 2017

DAY 3: Still waters run deep


He leads me beside still waters
He restores my soul
(Ps. 23:3)

“Come, lay down with me on an open field” said the Lord. A filial moment. A call to solitary devotion. A moment of intimacy we will share, an undoing, a reset, back to conception – when Love’s breath brought life. To restore, to replenish. So he says to lie down – a position of humility, worship, dependence and total yieldedness. In green pastures, the good shepherd of our soul will makes us lie, that the sheep may feed fat. This depicts the bread of life, His word - the engrafted word, which is able to save our souls. Then to still waters of His Spirit He leads us. I once heard the poet say “Still waters run deep” this is pure depth. The deepest streams have the smoothest surface. Shallow waters run fast and make a lot of noise; but still, quiet waters run deep.

Perhaps recently life has offered so much busyness, swamped with these and those - worries of the night, uncertainties here and there. We cannot stay long without a major collapse. The good shepherd of our soul beckons to “come way” lay down in green pasture, and to still waters He will lead. All who will heed this call, He says:

I am replenishing life, I am resetting your system, I will lead you to still waters, I am restoring your soul

No comments:

Post a Comment